“Just what we needed to move our business forward to another level” – recipient of the Pacific Business Mentoring Programme
Would you like to receive help growing your business and your profits from an experienced and successful business person, fully-funded at no cost to you?
The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry coordinates the Pacific Business Mentoring Programme in Vanuatu, which assigns local businesses with a professional business mentor from New Zealand. These mentors will visit businesses and offer coaching and support by giving owners a different perspective on their business. In addition, recipients are provided with business training workshops to increase their business and financial management skills.
The programme provides completely free help for local businesses who want to grow, thanks to the New Zealand Aid Programme.
In Vanuatu, the Pacific Business Mentoring Programme has been running since 2011 and has supported over 80 businesses in Port Vila and Santo. Feedback surveys have shown that 98% of programme participants recommend it to others.
There are 2 intakes a year in Vanuatu and the VCCI encourages all interested small and medium businesses to apply. We organise 2 informative presentations a year before each application period.
If you are interested or have further questions, please contact our Mr. Mark Saleloui, Training Support at email@example.com or call 27543.
You can also visit the Pacific Business Mentoring Programme Website.
Does my business qualify?
Business Mentors provides mentoring to businesses that are part of the following sectors of the economy:
- Eco Tourism
- Import Substitution
- Marine Industries
- Service Industries
The criteria for businesses to participate are:
- The business has a minimum of 6 months trading history
- You are the business owner
- The business owner commits to a minimum 12 months participation
- The business owner commits to respond to satisfaction and outcome surveys
How do I apply?
You can either apply online or contact the Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry to receive a form.
To apply online:
- Complete the online application form
- Your application will be directed to the VCCI
- If successful, the co-ordinator will match you with a mentor who is well suited to your specific business circumstances and requirements
- The coordinator will then advise you of the mentor matched to your circumstances along with a time for you to meet
- The term of your relationship with a mentor is 12 months