Living in Vanuatu
Voted as the happiest place on earth twice, Vanuatu is a land of friendly and welcoming people, diverse culture and natural beauty.
The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila, on the island of Efate. As an organized financial centre in the Pacific, Vanuatu has a wide and high performing telecommunications network, a stable currency and internet which is set to improve dramatically with the upcoming new fibre optic cable link.
Port Vila also has international schools (French and English), good medical facilities and the conveniences of restaurants, supermarkets and more for you and your family. Air Vanuatu also operates daily flights to Australia which is only 3 hours away.
Vanuatu has 3 official languages; English, French and Bislama.
An environment where French is a national language as well as English, Vanuatu has a strong French community of about 3,000 people.
Vanuatu encourages French people to live and invest in many ways. For instance:
- Creating and sustaining Cell Investment Promotion Francophone Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vanuatu (VCCI) since 2007
- The work of the Foreign Trade Advisors of France (CCEF)
- Counselors techniques and French researchers at the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Departments and Geology
- The presence of French and Francophone institutions such as the French Lycée in Port Vila, the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), the French Alliance
- The presence of associations such as the Union of French Abroad (UFE).
The role of the VCCI Unit for the Promotion of Investments Francophones is to welcome, inform and assist investors and French companies wishing to settle in Vanuatu.
Please feel free to contact us should you require any advice or information about living in Vanuatu.